June 14, 2018
Present: Larry Modean, Mark R, Mark and Kris H., Dianne Ahlers, Tom Whittaker and Sue V.
Meeting started at 6:35pm at Canosia Town Hall, President Larry opening.
No. 1 on the agenda: Volunteers needed to design and work out details of distribution of placards. These placards will have the name and address of those living there to attach to your dock or structure near the lake. This item was voted in and passed at the January 2018 meeting.
2. Update on the Golf and Beach Center. No final new as of this meeting. Rumors are a decision will be made in early July or August. Stay tuned.
3. Discussion of PLAWCS status. This involves your money now and and big changes are coming in the future (2020). If you want to be proactive check out the PLAWCS website at: www.plawcs.com for meeting info, locations, and minutes of past meetings.
4. We have a donation of money to have a 4th of July Fireworks display. No one has stepped forward to do handle fireworks this year within the donor’s area of vision. The money will be returned.
5. The 4th of July Breakfast will be from 8am until 10 am at the Canosia Town Hall. (inside if it rains.] We will again be renting table and chairs. Dianne and Steve Ahlers will be heading this up and we need volunteers. Folks are still needed to keep coffee, milk, and waters set up and poured, and clean up help is always needed. Boat parade will be at 1pm and will run clockwise on the 4th.
6. We need to appoint a committee to review bylaws.
7. We need volunteers to hold a financial audit (20 days before next meeting).
8. The donation from the Pike Lake Area Assoc. and Pike Lake School for their Discretionary Fund has been welcomed.
9. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO REPLACE BOARD MEMBERS WHOSE 2 YEAR TIME LIMITS HAVE EXPIRED OVER AND OVER! PLEASE HELP. YOU WILL BE AIDED BY SEASONED MEMBERS TO HELP YOU ALONG THE WAY. IT IS IMPORTANT AND SORT OF FUN, ALWAYS INTERESTING.
10. Article VII, Section 1, shall now read "The fiscal year of the association shall begin on the first day of January each year. The membership dues shall become due and payable on January first and apply for the calendar year".
Meeting adjourned at 7:50.
Submitted by Sue Voss, Secy.